We are recruiting new bell ringers for Drayton, Milton, Steventon and Sutton Courtenay.
In order to keep the ancient art of bell ringing alive in the villages we need more bell ringers.
Come along to one of the Taster Sessions on:
• Monday 20 May between 6.00pm-8.00pm at St Peter’s Church, Drayton
• Tuesday 21 May between 6.00pm-8.00pm at St Blaise Church, Milton
to see what is involved and to have a go.
Bell Ringing is Fun and
• for all ages (10+) - individuals, couples, families or groups (you don’t need to be musical, strong or religious - for all faiths or none)
• enjoyable and satisfying - make a glorious sound!
• an exhilarating workout – gentle exercise for mind and body which burns calories, tones muscles and relieves stress
• an easy way to make friends – enjoy social activities and be part of a team and community
• inexpensive and you get paid for weddings!
• boosts skills - concentration, teamwork, co-ordination, discipline, listening and analytical
• makes a beautiful noise - it’s the ultimate Heavy Metal – church bells are the loudest (unamplified) and heaviest musical instruments in the world …. and they’re metal!
If you would like more information, please contact
Nick Clarke on 01235 820760, Email email@example.com or
Nicola Turner on 01235 833938, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sutton Courtenay WI would like to wish you all a very happy New Year!
We have a busy and exciting programme as always for 2019.
Why not pop along and meet us all? You will be made very welcome.
Upcoming dates for your diary are:
19 February – John Paine, Agra- Not just the Taj Mahal
19 March- Will be our AM Meeting & Quiz (Members only)
16 April - Mike Brook, Musings from the Amateur Stage
We meet on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at the Village Hall in Sutton Courtenay at 7.30pm.
If you would like more information, please contact our Secretary, Val on 01235 847612.
Twice each month we have a tea, cake and chat afternoon from 2.30pm to 4.00pm in the Community Space in St Blaise Church. Why not come along and meet a few other villagers and have a sociable afternoon break in our beautiful community space? There is no charge but small donations for the refreshments are welcomed. If you need assistance to be able to get to a tea, cake and chat afternoon please let me know.
For further information contact Nicola Turner
Fun, friendly and affordable physical activity sessions for people aged 60+
This class incorporates a range of low impact exercises to music, improving fitness, balance and strength. It is suitable for all abilities including those who are getting back into exercise
Milton Community Space in St Blaise Church
Tai Chi for Health
Helps improve balance, strength, flexibility - suitable for all abilities
Thursdays 10.00am - 11.00am
The Matrix, Sutton Courtenay
To book your place or for more information please contact:
Tel: 07766 991487